Monday 18 August 2014

Review for 'Promises Hurt' by Elle Brooks



Wow... just... WOW!
I have to admit I sat for quite a while trying to figure out where to start this review as I was left totally speechless and wanted to do the story justice.

Elle Brooks is ONE. TO. WATCH!
Well done Elle, this is a remarkable debut novel that BLEW. ME. AWAY! 

This story is heartfelt and portrayed beautifully.  I suggest you have the tissues ready, I don't think I have ever cried so early in a book.
I felt conflicted with fear of what was to come as it had such unexpected twist and turns yet I could not put it down, I was hooked from the start.
The main & secondary characters are all well written & interact brilliantly. I was laughing & crying at the same time in parts.
I am so happy this had dual POV, which I enjoy in books anyway, but in my opinion this story may have felt lacking with single POV.

We have Blair the down to earth geek with her quirky T-shirts.  Ethan the life and soul of the party jock, the typical cool kid teenage boy, but remember appearances can be deceptive.
I have a soft spot for Em (the best BFF ever) for personal reasons.  She is such a brave young lady, who we could all learn from.

I'll rap this up now to keep things spoiler free.

The ending is pure genius, leaving me wanting more.
I need book 2 NOW!!! (I may have been reduced to begging)

No comments:

Post a Comment